We are happy to recommend an inspirational poster called ‘The only 12 1/2 Rules of Writing‘. It’s designed from the Middleton, Wisconsin based Knowledge Unlimited Inc. created over 10 years ago.
Put it on the wall in front of your working desk and refer to it any time you meet any form of writer’s block.
It’s a perfect gift for writers, copywriters and even for other type of creatives who need to write to get things done.
The 12 1/2
Rules of Writing:
- If you write every day, you’ll get better at writing every day.
- If it’s boring to you, it’s boring to your reader.
- Get a writing routine, and stick with it.
- Poetry does NOT have to rhyme.
- Resist stereotypes, in real life and in your writing.
- Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.
- Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.
- There doesn’t always have to be a moral to the story.
- Always bring your notebook.Always bring a spare pen.
- Go for walks. Dance.Pull weeks. Do the dishes. Write about it.
- Don’t settle on just one style.Try something new!
- Learn to tell both sides of the story.
12 1/2. Stop looking at this list. WRITE SOMETHING!
By the way, if you are a teacher, it’s a perfect assistance tool for students.
Dimensions are 18″ x 25″ and it’s printed on heavy, coated stock.