Just follow the rules below:
- Be afraid to say anything weird or unusual
- Never learn new words
- Always have the television on so you cannot hear yourself think
- Take the easiest path possible, in writing and in life
- Remember that poetry is always boring, even if it comes from hip-hop or pop songs or old-time pirate chants
- Stop making people laugh, or cry, or gasp in surprise, or think
- Read as little as possible
- See what everyone else is doing, and do that
- Blog everything, journal nothing
- If you can’t get the right word in the right spot, it’s the best to just get really frustrated and give up
- And make sure you refuse to believe in yourself
As with the 12 Rules of Writing, Knowledge Unlimited Inc. has made a fancy poster for your working place wall. It’s 18″ by 25″ and it’s printed on heavy, coated stock.
Check if the How to Be a Boring, Bad Writer poster is available on Amazon.
If you are writing teacher, it’s another great poster for your class room wall. Or if you are a parent or a friend, it’s an authentic gift for anyone interested in writing you care about.
As for suitable complementary gifts for writers, we recommend the Leichtturm Master Notebook. It’s designed to fit novel writer’s daily routines.